POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flythrough : Flythrough Server Time
10 Jun 2024 22:37:30 EDT (-0400)
  Flythrough
From: triple r
Date: 6 Jan 2009 14:40:00
Message: <web.4963b3485e5e74deef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
Ouch.  Looks like the p.b.a. list goes back over a year just on page one.  Quick
question:  should I post youtube links in p.b.a.?  Seems like the place, except
it's not binary.

Anyway, here's a quick Wings3D doodle, turned into a flythrough.  The mesh is
single object (plus doors), modeled with something like Myst in mind.   Is
there a good way to save/load radiosity files to prevent the flickering?

Time permitting, I'd like to add detail and turn it into something you can
navigate through, but does anyone know a good way to do this?  QTVR?  OpenGL?
SDL?  It wouldn't be difficult to make an OpenGL interface to set up the
network of viewpoints, but even with this step done, I don't know of an obvious
way to set up the interface.  I'd like something like Myst 3, where each point
is a 360 panorama, but unless I make it myself in OpenGL, I don't know a good
way.  Maybe it's as simple as mapping a texture onto a cube and spinning the
camera.  Anyone know how to set up a cube panorama in POV-Ray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=882qGB3b5Ps